Louis Comfort Tiffany, one of the most creative and prolific designers of the late 19th century, declared that his life-long goal was “the pursuit of beauty.” St. Paul’s is fortunate to have thirteen spectacular windows by Tiffany Studios that illustrate this pursuit of beauty.
The Widener, Elkins, and Fox families asked the Tiffany studios to create several memorial windows for St. Paul’s, including after the Widener and Elkins families lost members during the sinking of the Titanic. The earliest window was set in 1897, and the last in 1930.
The balance of the windows are by Willets, Reith and the Kolb studios. In the church there are sixteen windows, the narthex and tower house seven windows, the chapel has three and the second floor children’s room two. The remaining seven windows are in the Jay Cooke Memorial building.